How long will my buns & pastries keep?
All buns & pastries have a Use By date of 3 days from Despatch Day (the day they leave the bakery), which is the date at the top of the Packing Slip that comes inside the box. All buns & pastries are baked freshly to order, and contain our 20-year old sourdough starter, so they keep fresh for longer than traditional buns and pastries if you store them correctly.
How should I store my buns & pastries?
- Croissants/ Pain au Chocolat: best stored how they were delivered; closed inside the cardboard box & covered by the paper inside the box. Delivered with a soft-crust Ready To Heat (4-5 minutes) for crispy flakiness. Suitable for freezing if frozen the day you receive them and frozen in an airtight container (otherwise they’ll dry out). You may see some of the crust flaking off slightly but if you're cool with that, they can be kept frozen for up to 2 weeks. Consume within 24 hours of defrosting.
- Buns with no cream/ caramel inside: best stored how they were delivered; closed inside the cardboard box & covered by the paper inside the box. Suitable for freezing if frozen the day you receive them and frozen in an airtight container (otherwise they’ll dry out). Can be kept frozen for up to 2 weeks. Consume within 24 hours of defrosting.
- Buns filled with cream/ caramel: if enjoying on the day they’re delivered, store how they were delivered; closed inside the cardboard box & covered by the paper. If eating them later than the day they’re delivered, store chilled in an airtight container as soon as you receive them. Remove from the fridge for an hour or two to allow them to soften before eating for maximum enjoyment. Not suitable for freezing.
Can I warm my buns & pastries up?
Croissants/ Pain au Chocolat really need to be warmed up to be enjoyed at their best and Buns (without a cream/ caramel inside) can also be warmed. But don't even THINK about microwaving them (or you'll just have a soggy mess); preheat your oven first and warm for around 5 minutes at about 180°C which will give them a slightly crispy crust. Cream/ caramel filled Buns can't be oven warmed.What about allergies?
You’ll find allergen information on each bun on the Allergens page at the bottom of the home page, and on the back of the Packing Slip inside every box. All buns contain GLUTEN and NUTS.
Unfortunately we can't guarantee that anything we bake is 100% free from GLUTEN, SOYA, NUTS, PEANUTS, SULPHUR DIOXIDE, SESAME, LUPIN and MILK. Although we don't handle all the above allergens in our bakery (as a plant-based bakery we definitely don't handle milk for example!), some of our suppliers handle those allergens in their processes, so there may be traces in the ingredients they supply to us.
We don't individually pack pastries in the shipping box, so your pastries will come into contact with one another during delivery. This means there may be transfer of allergens from one pastry to another, so please bear this in mind when ordering. If you have any allergen concerns, please get in touch before placing your order, and we'll do our best to help.Do you use palm oil in your pastries?
No, we're a palm-oil free bakery
ORDER & SHIPPING FAQsCan I change the delivery address after I’ve placed the order?
Since our orders are shipped super-quickly, if you realise you've entered the wrong address, please phone us on 01603 625 803 as soon as you can (please don't email or DM in this scenario - we don't sit at our desks all day or keep our phones in the bakery). Once an order has left our bakery, it's very unlikely that we'll be able to change the address, but we'll always see what we can do.What about adding more to my order?
We're sorry, but it’s not possible to make changes to your order once you've placed it – we can’t add more pastries or switch the selection up, so please make sure you are 100% happy with your order before checking out.
When do you deliver?
Tuesdays to Saturdays.
Yes, provided you place your order before 8AM. Please see our Shipping Policy for more info. Heads up* - this means if you order after 8AM on a Thursday, the soonest delivery date with standard shipping you'll be shown will be the following Tuesday, unless you select a Saturday delivery date AND a Saturday shipping service. Saturday delivery carries a slight premium as we pay more more for this service.
Can I get delivery on weekends?
Yes we deliver on Saturdays. Cut off for orders into us is 8am Friday morning. You must confirm you'd like Saturday delivery by selecting the Saturday shipping service.
Unfortunately not. To offer such a speedy delivery, we use an automated delivery booking system which we definitely can’t mess with or all hell will break loose and we'll break the internet. Sorry.How can I track my order?
You will receive an e-mail shortly after we mark your order as shipped, with the DPD tracking number of your parcel. You will also receive an e-mail from DPD on the day of delivery to update you on the delivery time. You can check in on your parcel using your tracking number here.What if someone isn’t home to receive delivery?
Due to the fresh nature of our pastries, we highly recommend you (or the lucky recipient if you've gifted them) are available to take delivery so you receive them in the best condition. You will receive a pre-delivery notification from DPD on the delivery day with a time slot so you can plan to be around for delivery.
We would also suggest that you leave delivery instructions (on the cart page) so that if by chance you aren’t home, DPD have a safe place to leave the parcel, or details of a neighbour to take care of your pastries for you. Ideally a neighbour who won't take a fancy to what's inside....
What if my delivery hasn’t arrived when expected?
- Check the tracking via the DPD link to see if there are details of a known delay or delivery issue.
- Check to see if you have a delivery card from DPD. There may have been a failed delivery attempt.
- Check with your neighbours to see if they have accepted the parcel on your behalf.
- Look in any safe areas the driver may have left your parcel, such as a specified area or in a shed, garage or porch.
If you are certain that it isn't with a neighbour or another member of your household, please contact us on 01603 625 803 (preferred) or firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll jump on it and investigate.
Please note that items must be reported as missing within 24 hours of being dispatched to you as we are unable to take any action on your behalf after this time.Can I order in advance and choose a preferred delivery date?
Yes, at least 2 weeks in advance at the moment. Please note that the contents of any orders that aren't Bespoke Boxes (like Seasonal Collections for example) are subject to change between the time you order and when you receive your delivery.I want to send your pastries as a gift – can I include a message?
Yes! We have a choice of little postcards that we can handwrite with your gift message and include in the parcel. The option to add this will be shown when adding a box to your cart.
PACKAGING FAQsHow eco-friendly is your packaging?
Our pastries are packed in a cardboard box made with 75% recycled material, with a sturdy protective cardboard divider. The divider not only keeps the pastries in place, but helps to prevent the lid of the box getting crushed, (and your pastries getting squashed). All this cardboard can be recycled, as long as it is not soiled with food or grease.
As some our pastries are deliciously sticky, we line the box with a food-grade waxed paper to keep them in the best condition (and to keep the cardboard box clean & recyclable). This paper is biodegradable and compostable, but not currently widely recycled.